Washington State has a Specific Civil Process to Have Your Gun Rights Restored.

How Did I Lose My Rights? 

  • Are you a convicted felon?
  • Ever been convicted of committing a crime against a family or household member?
  • Been a party to a protection order or restraining order?
  • A person found Not Guilty by Reason of Insanity or involuntarily committed to a mental health facility has probably lost their right to possess firearms.

If you have been convicted of a felony, whether as an adult or a juvenile, you have lost your right to possess a gun.  Whether used for hunting or protecting your family, rights must be restored by a Superior Court in order to lawfully possess a firearm.

Do I Qualify to Restore my Firearm Rights?

  • You may not have any criminal charges pending in the State of Washington, in any other State, or in any Federal Court.
  • You cannot be subject to a restraining order in the State of Washington, in any other State, or in any Federal Court.
  • Your conviction must not have been a class A felony, or any other felony carrying a potential sentence of at least 20 years.
  • You must have spent 5 years living in the community without being convicted of any new criminal offenses, or 3 years if your rights were revoked because of a misdemeanor conviction.
  • You must not have a prior conviction that would have resulted in the loss of your right to possess firearms counted in your offender score.
  • If the conviction was for a misdemeanor, you must have successfully completed every term and condition of each conviction.

If you meet these requirements then you may qualify to have your firearm rights restored.

Our office can determine your eligibility to restore your firearm rights and work for you to restore your rights. If you have lost your right to possess firearms, contact Azure Law Office at 509.491-3941 to set up an appointment.